Saturday, June 16, 2012

Campbell 5K










Campbell had a 5K run this year for the first time. It was a culmination of the mileage club that took place all year during afternoon recess. Ali loved the mileage club and she had a total of 20 miles just from that all year long. The 5K started at Campbell and went to the middle school and back to Campbell for a total of 3.1 miles. Mike and I were able to go and watch once they reached the middle school and take some pictures and cheer Ali. Well, Ali ended up in 1st place for the Kindergarten/1st grade level. The top 2 finishers in each grade level got medals. We are so incredibly proud of her!! I loved it being a runner myself, to see Ali excel in a sport that I love, just was so exciting=) I see many more races to come for Ali!!

0 comments: